- Injection-molded Thermoplastic Vulcanizate synthetic rubber is soft, durable and highly UV-resistant
- Thick, tapered one-piece molded end design for durability
- No inside flange give Recoil a classic chopper vibe
- Safety wire grooves on grip ends for added security
- Aftermarket throttle tube required to install Biltwell grips on stock H-D hand controls
Counterintuitive though it might seem, aerosol WD-40 spray lubricant is our chemical of choice for installing Biltwell molded TPV grips. "But it's oil!" you say. Yes, but WD-40's combination of aerosol propellant and organic-based lubricant is perfect for sliding tight grips onto clean metal tubes. A quick 1- or 2-second blast into the open end of the grip is all it takes. Once installed, WD-40's chemical compound melts the grip interior just enough to make it stick to the bar like glue, without the mess. IMPORTANT: Wait 24 hours after installation before riding to give grips sufficient time to set up on the bars. Immediately after installation you can add safety wire wraps to both ends of the grips; this old motocross trick works great to reduce grip slip on the bars and throttle tube.